Financial planning is a critical part of the conversation when researching retirement living. We understand talking about finances can be a very sensitive matter, and we’re here to be an experienced guide as you start this conversation. Whether you are planning for yourself or your parents, there are a few crucial topics you should start to plan for as you make decisions about retirement living.
Topics to Consider
- Establishing medical and financial executive power of attorney
- Drawing up a will
- Drawing up a living will that designates wishes regarding ‘do not resuscitate’ situations
- Understanding existing trusts
- Location of important documents
- Status on existing bills (monthly expenses, credit cards, etc.)
- Status on taxes
- Accessibility to bank accounts & insurance policies
- Understanding Medicare and Medicaid benefits and legal policies
- Establishing burial and funeral wishes
- Establishing elder attorney services
Talk With Us
Immanuel offers a wide range of senior living options that can be tailored to fit your needs and budget. We want to be your resources to enable you to find the right community for yourself or your loved one. Contact a Senior Living Consultant today.